The student news site of Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School.

Ludlow St. Journal

Fall Sports Begin Postseason

Ben Murray and Yusef Muqtadir

OHSAA Tournament play will be starting shortly for Chaminade Julienne’s fall sports teams. Some teams have already started or ended their tournaments.

Men’s Golf did not advance as a team past the Sectional Tournament. Junior golfer Andrew Detmer went on to the district tournament.

Women’s Golf has been destroying the competition and has advanced to the State Tournament. On the way to state they won the GCL Tournament and became District Champions.

The Women’s Tennis team, coached by Jim Brooks, lost in the State Semifinals as a team. However, the doubles pairing of Lydia Bice and Olivia Boch have advanced to the State Tournament.

“Olivia and I are excited because our first match against the 4th seed Wyoming is favorable,” Senior Lydia Bice said. “The second match against the #2 seed Indian Hill will be close so we will have to be very focused and play the way we have been playing.”

CJ Men’s Soccer opens their postseason at 7:30 on Tuesday. The Eagles will take on the Franklin Wildcats at Roger Glass Stadium.

Junior Logan Jennings is pumped up for the men’s tournament draw. “I am excited to be put to the test against teams, others don’t expect us to be. We will see next week.”

Women’s Soccer will take on the Dunbar Wildcats at Roger Glass Stadium on Monday. They are led by Seniors Emsley Spees and Kierstin Saunders. The Eagles are the favorite to win the game.

Women’s Volleyball (9-11) starts their road to state by opening up against Northwestern in the Sectional Tournament. They finished third in the GCL Co-ed North League.

Women’s and Men’s Cross Country teams still need to race in their GCLMmeet at Fenwick. They will race at Districts next Saturday to determine how far they will go in the tournament. Standout runners Carolyn Marshall, Madison Meixner, Will Marshall, and Trey Meyers, are preparing to finish the season with great times.

CJ’s Men’s Football team needs to still face a few opponents to determine if they qualify for the playoffs.

Good Luck to all participants in the tournament and make sure you get out and support our Eagles!